CCC Forum registration-update

Forum for general chat

Moderators: comando, 71dormy, johnant, itsme, 65CA

classic
Site Admin

CCC Forum registration-update

Postby classic » June 20th, 2013, 11:31 am

The amount of 'spam' registrations on this forum has now become quite absurd, to the point that we are now getting a couple of hundred per day :!: These are usually carried out during the night from eastern Europe, and the majority are sex related.
Sadly, because of the nature of the forum I have to go through each new registration in order to try and decide if they are genuine or not. As you can imagine this is so time consuming, and quite frankly I have had enough.

As a result I now ask that each new 'Genuine' person registering to use this forum uses something 'vehicle related' within their username, ie 'gearboxtom', 'clutchdave', I'm sure you get the idea. This will make life so much easier for me when it comes to verifying genuine registrations, because any username unrelated to vehicles will simply get deleted, end of story.

As a further hurdle for the spammers out there, I ask that each new person (genuine) registering, sends an email to me directly (informing me of their chosen username) with the subject marked 'forum registration', thank you. Send this to me at; theclassiccamperclub@yahoo.co.uk

Of course any current people already registered on the forum do not need to do anything, or change their username, just carry on using the forum as usual. These changes only apply to NEW registrations from the 20th June 2013. Thanks for your co-operation. Admin.

Return to “General Chat”